A couple of weeks ago, I watched the last first episode of One Tree Hill, a show I’ve watched for the past 9 years. A show that has changed my life. It started out as a series with two brothers who hated each other with basketball at its center, but it became a show about family, friendships, trust and love.
Another major reason I love this show is because music is so heavily integrated into every episode, every major scene. I discovered many artists by watching, like Gavin DeGraw, Kate Voegele, Tyler Hilton, the Wreckers and the list goes on.
Here are some of the things I’ve learned from One Tree Hill and why I have been a loyal fan for all of its nine seasons:
- We are all destined for greatness. We may just not know it yet.
- Integrity is so important and something that people cannot take away from you.
- Music can affect your mood, take you back in time, and heal you.
- Dreams can come true. Find your passion, do whatever it takes to achieve.
- People love a person that rises from the ashes.
There is a reason that the theme music for this show is Gavin DeGraw’s “I Don’t Want to Be.”
If you love One Tree Hill or watch another show that has some great life lessons, please share in the comments.