There may be affiliate links in this post which means I may receive “thank you money” at no additional cost to you. Please know that I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!
Are you looking to start a side hustle but need help figuring out where to start? You’re not alone. Many people are in the same boat, so I’m sharing some mindset tips to help you get started.
Inspired by Josh Spector’s one-sentence tips posts, I thought it’d be cool to try something similar.
Here are 30 ideas to keep in mind while building your side hustle. You can focus on one each day for the next month.
- When you struggle to work on your business, reconnect to your why.
- You don’t have to be an expert to start a business.
- If you don’t know what to do, take a step – clarity comes from taking action.
- You get to build your business in a way that works for you and your lifestyle.
- Your day job is not the enemy.
- Baby steps are key.
- Taking care of yourself is even more important as a side hustler because you give up your free time to build something great.
- No matter what anyone says, you can watch Netflix and still run a business.
- If you put good into the world, it’ll come back to you.
- You’re allowed to do things you love to do without monetizing them.
- Make time to do the things that fill your soul with joy.
- Your business will evolve, and that’s OK.
- You get to define what success looks like for you.
- What you say no to is just as important as what you say yes to.
- Just because you have the time to do something doesn’t mean you have the energy.
- Not everyone wants or needs to become a full-time entrepreneur.
- A little bit of progress is still progress.
- As long as you’re learning, you are not a failure.
- Surround yourself with others who understand the challenges of working a business while juggling a day job.
- Give yourself grace and kindness – always.
- Don’t underestimate the power of consistency.
- Follow your curiosity.
- If you’re feeling overwhelmed, take a pause, check in with yourself, and see what you need.
- Asking for help is more of a sign of strength than weakness.
- Sharing our journeys, challenges, and struggles can be life-changing to someone looking for inspiration.
- Nothing gives you greater focus than having a limited amount of time.
- Whatever you got done this week, this month, this year, and today, no matter how big or small, be proud.
- Remember that tomorrow is another day.
- Self-care is crucial.
- Even when there is no applause, folks are watching you and being inspired – keep going.
Want more side hustler tips and resources?
Subscribe to the #jesspicks newsletter.