To get a little personal and in honor of my 30th birthday, I decided that I wanted to liven things up a little bit. So I did some asking and some soul searching and came up with a list of
30 31 things to do when I turn 30 (to hopefully be completed by my 31st birthday).
Here is the list:
Start a blog.
- Sing karaoke.
- Try ice skating (at least once!).
- Get a passport.
- Spend an afternoon at the Art Institute of Chicago.
- Learn to meditate.
- Learn quotes from Grease.
- Learn conversational Spanish.
- Trace my roots.
- Go on one of those horse drawn carriage rides through downtown Chicago.
- Learn how to salsa.
- Discover my life's purpose/passion/mission.
- Publish a book of poetry.
- Go to an opera.
- Be someone's mentor.
- Visit New York City, shop and see a Broadway play.
- Try at least one new ethnic food (Jibarito sandwich from Boriquen's Chicago).
- Go on that hot air balloon dealie at Navy Pier (if they still have it this summer).
- Check out the Hancock Observatory.
- Buy a Wii and find out if I can move like Michael Jackson.
- Try wall climbing.
- Find that little black dress every woman should have.
- Read all of Shakespeare's plays.
- See a psychic and have my palm read.
- Willis Tower Skydeck Ledge.
- Go to a wine tasting.
- Become more comfortable with driving.
- Take a stand, declare my independence and create my Dammit List.
- Build an online store for my crochet works.
- And my BHAG (Big Hairy Audacious Goal): Start a non-profit that enables high school girls to get internships at technology companies (like I did).
- Adding one more because I can: Go see a stand-up comedy show!
I will keep you posted on my progress and hey, how about you join me in the Comments section? I got several of my ideas from the book, No Regrets: 101 Fabulous Things to Do Before You're Too Old, Married, or Pregnant. Buy it, browse through it, or ask your friends to help you come up with a list of things to do before your next birthday. I dare ya!